Saturday, March 3, 2012

Freaking out!!

The Shamrock Half Marathon is 15 days away!  FIFTEEN!!!  How did this happen???  I feel so incredibly unprepared.  I know that I've been training, but not to the extent that I would've liked.  My schedule and workload kept me from working out and running as much as I would've hoped.

Tomorrow will show me what I really can handle.  I'm going out for 11 miles, and I'm actually going to time myself.  I'm going to go for a walk to warm up, and then I will see how long it actually takes me to run 11 miles.  And I. will. not. stop. running.  There will be no walk breaks, or fuel breaks, or anything else.  I will pop those little sport beans in my mouth and I will keep going!  I know that I can do it.  Now I just have to prove it to myself in actuality.

I'm fighting a sinus infection, so today I'm going to take meds, drink lots of green tea, get plenty of rest, and pop some vitamins.  Any germs that are still hanging out in my body need to get out by tomorrow.  That is an order!

No comments:

Post a Comment