Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Run With History

I returned to the Yorktown Victory Center today for another run.  It was about 40 degrees and a bit windy, but the sun was shining and the water on the York River was bright blue and glistening.  I stopped to take a few pics during my run, and I also walked around a bit afterwards to take some more.  It's become my favorite training spot, because I love running amongst the historic sights.  It keeps my mind focused elsewhere besides the throbbing pain in my legs.  All in all, I felt good while running, and I completed 4.2 miles.  Very pleased!  Here are some of the sights/views I enjoyed while passing through:


Yorktown Victory Monument - Commemorates the victory over the British in the concluding battle of the Revolutionary War.

Part of the running path near the York River

View of Riverwalk Landing from the pier


Nelson House - Home of Thomas Nelson, the Governor of Virginia during the Revolutionary War, Commanding Officer of the Virginia Militia, and a signer of the Declaration of Independence.




And then there's just me!

Very happy I met my goal of 4 miles for the day!

1 comment:

  1. I love running around historic sites! It always motivates me to run further because I'm constantly asking what's just a bit further! Hope your runs are going well!

    ReplyDelete