Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Low From Which We Are Grown

The snow and slush outside made me tempted to stay in my bed all day, but I fought the urge and headed to the gym instead.  This was my first trip back since my surgery, and also my first attempt at running in months.  I walked for 25 minutes on an incline to warm up, and then I ran a mile without stopping.  I was really happy, but also frustrated at the same time.  It felt good to run again, but I started to think back to last year at this time when I was running 8 and 9 miles without an issue.  

Starting over SUCKS.  

But I also realized that I have a lot to be thankful for.  I'm thankful that a simple procedure was able to fix my leg.  I'm thankful that after just a couple weeks of recovery, I'm able to start back to being fit.  I'm also thankful that my body still allows me to do pretty awesome things, as long as I'm dedicated enough to push myself and stay motivated.

I found this quote today, and I absolutely love it.  I think it really highlights why we need to go through the tough times, and why we can actually rejoice and be thankful for them.  


“And so, I walk through the valley and I am not afraid for I know that the valley is where we go to learn, to grow, and to transcend all we once imagined ourselves to be. We are so much more than our own limited thoughts could ever comprehend. The valley is where we let go and is the point from which we rebuild. We must not let sadness or disappointment keep us from rejoicing in the low from which we are grown.” 
― Jennifer Hall



No comments:

Post a Comment