Monday, January 28, 2013

EPIC Dinner FAIL

I always laugh at posts about failed attempts at recipes found on Pinterest.  So far, I've had great luck following recipes that I find online.  Tonight, though, I experienced my own depressing recipe gone wrong.

First, I must reference the dish that I was attempting to recreate.  I found the recipe for Cheesy Sweet Potato Crisps and thought they sounded like a yummy (and healthy) side.

Here's what they were supposed to look like:


Don't they just look delightful???


Well my first tip off to impending doom should have been the 45 MINUTES that I spent grating the stupid sweet potatoes.  My fingers even turned orange in the process.  Apparently I own the world's smallest grater.


Then, I followed the directions EXACTLY, which meant attempting to squeeze all the water out of this pile of potatoes and spraying the cooking rack and sheet with oil.

After 35 minutes of baking (in an attempt to make these babies nice and crispy), I finally couldn't wait any longer and attempted to remove them from the cookie sheet and onto my plate.

I ended up with this mess...


FAIL.

My hope was that maybe they still tasted good after all that time and effort.  By this point, Steve was home and he was pretty excited as well.

The verdict?  They were DREADFUL.

EPIC FAIL.

We both began to gag and almost threw up after attempting to eat a few.  I can't even describe the flavor.  It makes me feel like vomiting all over again.



To make matters worse, the Old Bay-seasoned tilapia we were supposed to have with it was also watery and gross.  At that point I gave up.  In the 6 years or so that I've been cooking for Steve, there are very few dinners that I've messed up.  Tonight, this took the cake.

Steve is out getting Subway right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment