Sunday, November 27, 2011

Attack of the Leaf Blower

Sundays in my training schedule are designated for cross-training or rest.  Since my legs felt pretty decent after my run yesterday, I decided to go for a bike ride.  It also helped that it was an absolutely B-E-A-utiful 70 degrees and sunny kind of day.  One of the many reasons I love living in Virginia.

Since I didn't feel like packing my bike into my teeny, tiny car and heading to a trail, I biked for about 35 minutes near my house.  I live in a relatively quiet residential area, so I don't have to worry too much about being the annoying biker who gets in the way of traffic.  I do, however, have to worry about leaf blowers.  While riding past a house, a guy was blowing the leaves out of his yard.  I don't know if it was the wind, or the fact that he quickly changed directions, or just bad luck, but right as I passed his house, a tornado of leaves swirled around me.  I just about had a heart attack!  Did he do it on purpose?  I hope not.  Did it scare the crap out of me?  Yes, indeed.

I did enjoy my ride, and the scenery was beautiful.  Check out the marshy area that I passed as I rode over a small bridge.



I only had two other minor mishaps happen during my short ride.  My stupid pant leg kept getting stuck on my water bottle harness, and I also ate two bugs.

*Note to self for next time:  Wear my running tights or capris, and bike with my mouth closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment